Infused Kitchen: Crumble Pecan Pie Cookie
For as many different types of cannabis products exist, there are just as many different types of cannabis consumers. But it seems like everyone enjoys a good edible.
Edibles are part of cannabis history and have become one of the most popular consumption methods for those using marijuana for medical use.
The best part of the holidays is the food, and with Thanksgiving right around the corner, Chef Susy Gonzalez has brought Patients the perfect sweet treat to medicate with.
Chef Gonzalez has the recipe for the happiest of holidays, combining the warm autumn flavors of pecan pie with the individual serving size and controlled dosage of a cookie.
CRUMBLE PECAN PIE COOKIE
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cream the medicated butter, oil, sugar, and powdered sugar in a large mixing bowl or a stand mixer.
- Add the egg, and vanilla extract, and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking powder and mix until combined, using a large cookie scooper, scoop out 9 equally sized cookie balls, place them on the prepared baking sheet, gently flatten them to about 1 inch in thickness, then using a ¼ measuring cup, press down the center of the cookie to make room for the pecan pie filling.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes then cool on the baking sheet.
Pecan Pie Filling
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix the butter, brown sugar, and pecans until the butter and sugar are dissolved. Make sure to stir from time to time to get all the pecan coated in the buttery sugar mixture. You want the mixture to bubble for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the cinnamon nutmeg, salt, heavy cream, and vanilla, and whisk to combine.
- Remove from heat, and top the cookies with the pecan pie mixture. Let it cool down for 20-30 minutes.
Susy Gonzalez is a classically trained chef with a passion for cannabis. She has used her passion and expertise to develop and create some of the cannabis industry’s most loved edibles and unique marijuana-infused products. Gonzalez shares her recipes with Patients in an effort to help educate about and destigmatize marijuana use. At A Joint Operation, a management group based in St. Louis, Gonzalez focuses on helping Missouri marijuana companies develop brands and products.