High Scores: Hash Burger by Sinse Cannabis
Many people liken cannabis to fine cuisine or wine, due to the many different flavonoids present in each product. One person can like apples and another may prefer oranges and objectively both are excellent at what they do. If you’ve ever been to a super high-end restaurant you may have experienced something that blew your mind with how amazingly flavorful it was, or you may think that Taco Bell is delicious.
There are levels to every consumable product. There are desirable characteristics that each patient is looking for, and those characteristics may vary from person to person. If you are new to cannabis, there will be a product that wows you at some point, and really takes you to a new level either through potency, effect or more likely, flavor. Over the years there have been products that I’ve tried that have elevated what I considered “Top Tier.” As I try these products, all new to me, I’m looking for that next product that will turn the “wow” factor up to 11.
Sinse is a name in Missouri cannabis that has been synonymous with quality. Today we are going to examine what has been described to me as Sinse’s flagship genetic, and top seller, Hash Burger. Hash Burger = Han Solo Hashplant x Double Burger. Han Solo Hashplant = (G13 Hash Plant x TK) x Han Solo Burger (GMO Cookies x Larry OG) Double Burger = GMO Cookies x Donny Burger (GMO Cookies x Han Solo Burger.) For anyone that follows national trends as far as breeding, you would recognize Donny Burger and Han Solo Burger as they were very popular amongst seed connoisseurs in 2021 or early 2022. With such an impressive lineage, I was excited to break into this cultivar and see what the hype was all about.
As always, I rolled a joint with this product using the same papers I use for every review.
I opened the pre-packaged bag with excitement, finding 3 larger-sized buds. The very unique aroma filled the air as soon as the bag was open. The buds were very dense and mega frosty. There were no discernable purple hues, the bud was a very light green almost white color with a golden hue to the bud. As I broke the bud apart I was very happy with the moisture content. This bud was going to make a perfect joint.
- Visual Appearance Score 8 – The bud was very tightly compact and the trichs were many. The golden hue was very unique and seemed to zap some of the color differentials that some other genetics have.
- Smell/Aroma Score 10 -The smell was unique and appetizing. Almost smelled like a pinesol type aroma.
- Proper Moisture Content Score 10 -This was perfect as I broke it down. Dry enough to break down quickly but moist enough that it stuck to my fingers.
Hash Burger had a very unique almost lemon and rubber smell as it was lit. As I took in the first bits of smoke I started smacking my lips. It had a very unique lemon/pine flavor with an interesting kick to it. There was a small tickle in my throat as I hit it but I wouldn’t describe any harshness on this sample. The flavor was LOUD. The flush seemed very well done due to the white ash.
- Initial Flavor Score 9 – The flavor of this cultivar was rich and satisfying, with notes of pine/lemon following the fuel-driven hashy flavor. I teetered on giving this an 8.5 but subtle at 8 due to a lack of complexity I would normally award a 9 or 10.
- Flush Score 10 – The flush was well done. The sample had no sign that it contained any residual nutrients and the ashes burned white.
- Harshness (lack thereof) Score 9 – This product had no harshness, but there was a small tingle on the throat as the joint went on.
I kept puffing this tasty treat and before I knew it I had reached the end of the joint. The flavor never wavered throughout the entire session. One of the attributes I look for most in a cultivar is its ability to stay tasty throughout the entire joint. This strain was uplifting and had what would traditionally be associated with a Sativa-like effect. Increased energy levels, joking around and laughs follow a joint of this beauty. I was excited to roll another one!
- Late Stage Flavor Score 10 – TI was very impressed with the late-stage flavor of this genetic. It was probably the most exciting part of reviewing this product.
- Potency Score 8 – The nature of the high made this a very tolerable daytime high for me. I was satisfied every time I smoked it.
- Effect Score 10 – The fun-loving upbeat effect of this genetic had me laughing out loud at comedies with my family and generally just enjoying life.
- Repeat Excitement Score 9 – This is the kind of daytime fun-loving product that I will often reach for at the dispensaries and in my private collection.
Total Score 93/100
This was my first opportunity to try a Sinse product and I have to say I was very impressed. I picked up a couple of other products from Sinse and none of them disappointed me. I see why this is one of the most popular genetics Sinse has and why the wonderful budtenders recommended it to me. This genetic has style. It’s unique and tasty and doesn’t smell like a traditional skunk variety. The high is a ton of fun and I would recommend Hash Burger to everyone, new to cannabis or not.
Patrick Waibel is a 3 time US Cannabis Cup Winning cultivator and consultant. Waibel’s experience in craft cultivation and the cannabis market makes him one of the most reputable reviewers in the industry. The 10-point grading system used to score and evaluate cannabis products aims to remove bias and determine the best qualities of marijuana products.